Friday, August 14, 2009

The Summer Obsession

The title of this blog is actually the name of a band I have grown to love the last few months. A couple weeks before the summer started Jordan Ault and I packed our Xterras to the roof. We took what little cash we had and set off for San Diego. During a brief four days spent in St. George along the way we went off road, rock climbed, reunited with old friends, made some new ones and spent a lot of time talking about how awesome our summer was going to be in California. At about two in the morning of the fourth day there we decided we couldn't wait anymore. We would drive all night and be in San Diego by the morning. We headed out and when I hit the freeway I was scanning my Ipod for something to listen to when I came across a band I didn't know I had. Reading the title "The Summer Obsession," I thought it fit the situation quite nicely, not knowing at the time their sounds would ultimately be the soundtrack of my summer.

"Don't need no cash, we can make a dash, hit the street. It's always been, always been, you and me. Baby it's cool, you suck at school anyway, let's pack it up, let's run away, run away. I don't care what we do, where we go, how we get there. We can drive, we can fly, we can walk, we can sit here. Take your time I'll be fine, nevermind me I'll be alright. Cause tonight I'm down for whatever. Got no flow, I'm so broke, finding change between couches. I watch you from a distance, I remember all those instances, when you smile, when you laugh when you crash, when I'm there to catch you when you fall. And I miss you. I wish you were hear. I stopped breathing when you said you don't care anymore. We had the best times of our lives, being the bad guys singing along. A1A bust a left, hit the beach when it gets late. Moonlit night, summer skies we align with the ocean spray. "

I would just like to give shoutouts to those of you who have been a part of it thus far. First and foremost Calee Schroeder, my best friend/coolest/most beautiful girl I've ever met. Jordan Ault for starting this journey with me and for always having my back. James Barsdorf for currently hooking me up with a sick job that pays extremely well:) Dad and Emily for your patience. Anyone who baught food storage from me. Ha ha I sold food storage lol. Todd Hair for being a sick manager while I did it. Josh, Tyler and Cameron as well for taking the risk. A.J. for introducing me to Hurt Locker lol. Luke for being hilarious. My brother Scott for completing basic training with the Army. Kristin Davies for being a pal and hooking us up with Mitt Romney's boogie boards! Elder Holland for speaking in church a couple weeks ago. Mom and her man I have yet to meet. Supa for stirring the pot. Ryan Memmot cause if I don't put him on here he'll cry like a baby and say stuff about me not rapping about him. Matt Klekas my lover. Kevin and Benji for being pimps and Abby Staples for completing her mission! Love all you guys, thanks for being so rad. You've made it possible for me to survive.

I'd also like to mention: Costco Hotdogs, half priced sushi, freckles, bum tickles, sand in my bed and in my shower, the smell of perfume on my pillow, the Padres, Glenn Beck, 5 for 5, Anchors away, SD Fair, SD zoo, especially the Panda exhibit, sombrero mexican food, blink 182, dashboard, blue october, The Summer Obsession of course, Ron Pope, Tech n9ne, Caribou Lou, Jellysickles, ShAwTy, lust, nissan, bmw, dragon paintings, love, blue eyes, good kissing, naps, jellyfish, Xcel Alarms, Daily Bread, Danny Wright, Vegas, the Sahara Hotel, Arizona, the big chair in beaver, stadium of fire, snuggle fest 2009, my two stalkers and one on the rise, harry potter, john grisham, Laguna Beach house, the 1.5 million dollar painting in that beach house, Climbing to the Hollywood sign at night, paying a quarter to use bathrooms in LA, the trollies, alcatraz, body surfing, the 20,000 miles I put on my Xterra, surviving, President Jardine, Robbie Huckvale, Travis McGarrah, and the list goes on. There's still some summer left!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, yes and yes. Add: moving to Utah for ~48 hrs, unpacking and repacking, ironing boards and walmart food, arctic airconditioning, Valkyrie and really stupid scary movies, watching that DVD over and over..., unbelievable cash flow (we should do the math sometime...), bakersfield, nigel & kaelani, thai, desserts, glenn beck, breaking thighs on fire hydrants, stunting, and crashing Ventana. <3 x 1000.

    ReplyDelete